7Days Kilimanjaro Climbing Machame Route
The Machame route approaches Kilimanjaro through forest and moorland from the south-west, and joins the Shira route before traversing beneath the southern ice fields of Kibo. The rainforest is extremely beautiful and there is a tangible sense of wilderness once the higher elevations are reached. The views of Mt. Meru floating on the clouds are simply unforgettable. We make our final ascent by the Barafu route. The seven day itinerary gives maximum possible acclimatization, and also gives us plenty of time to enjoy the magnificent scenery.
DAY 1: Machame gate/ Machame camp.
After breakfast in the hotel with your picnic lunch boxes drive to Machame gate (alt.1800m), the drive takes 30 to 40 minutes. Start the hike through the rain forest for about 5 to 6 hours to reach Machame camp (alt. 3000m) for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: Shira / Shira camp.
After breakfast with your packed lunch start the ascend to shira camp which takes 3 to 4 hours. This is the day when you end the forest just 10 to 15 minutes from Machame hut thereafter you walk in the Moorland. If sky is clear you have good view of mount Meru, Kibo peak and also the village down the mountain. Dinner and overnight at Shira camp (alt 3840m).
DAY 3: Baranco / Baranco camp.
After breakfast with your picnic lunch start the ascend to Baranco camp which take 5 to 6 hours, but in this day its important to have an acclimatization walk, then you have to Lava tower (alt.4600m) then down to Baranco camp (alt. 3940m) for dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: Karanga valley / Karanga valley camp.
This will actually be a short days which takes 3 to 4 hrs , where by soon after breakfast ascend the great Baranco wall then cross around the4 best of the summit . Heading on to Karanga Valley camp (alt 4100m) for hot lunch short rest dinner and overnight.
DAY 5: Barafu / Barafu camp.
After breakfast start the ascend through the Alpine desert to Barafu camp. You will have hot lunch short break thereafter take some walk to at least 200m higher. Dinner and overnight at Barafu camp (alt. 4600m).
DAY 6: Barafu + Summit midnight / Mweka camp.
After a cup of tea/coffee with some bites around midnight start ascends to the summit which takes 5 to 6 hours. Pole pole (slowly) is high recommended. At the time around sunrise you will be at the summit Uhuru Peak (5895m). After short break of summit celebrations descend to Barafu camp for lunch, short break then precede to Mweka camp (alt. 3000m) for dinner and overnight.
DAY 7: Mweka gate / Moshi.
After breakfast start descends through the rain forest to Mweka gate which takes 2 to 3 hours. There you will catch a waiting car ready for drive back to the hotel in Moshi.
Kilimanjaro trekking Includes:
• Accommodations the night before and the night after the trek two nights in Moshi
• Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents:
• Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
• All Park fees
• Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees.
• All meals while on the Mountain
• Arrival and Departure transfers
• Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
• Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
• Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
• Clean, purified drinking water:
• Private, portable chemical flush toilets:
• Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
•Kilimanjaro National park certificate for successful summit attempt
• Sleeping Mattress:
• Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
• Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
• Meals not listed above
• Optional Tours (short safari before or after your climb, Marangu village day tour, day trip to lake Challa, etc)
• Tips and any items of personal nature.